Gargi college for girls was established in the year 1967 and presently it offers courses on different subjects under Arts and Humanities, Commerce, and Science and Education. Gargi College was awarded the prestigious College with a Potential for Excellence grant, by the Delhi University Grants Commission in the year 2004 − 2005.
Courses offered at Gargi College
- BA (Hons) -Elementary Education, English, German, Hindi, History, Philosophy, Physical Education, Political Science, Sanskrit
- BCom (Hons & Pass)
- BSc (Hons) -Botany, Mathematics, Microbiology, Chemistry, Zoology, Psychology, Physics and Economics
Eligibility Criteria at Gargi College
You should have passed the Senior School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or an equivalent examination held in 2008.
To be eligible for the admission you need to possess a minimum percentage of marks in your 10 + 2 examination as prescribed by the University of Delhi.
Gargi College grants admission on merit with its cut-off percentage.
In some courses you will be selected on the basis of your performance in the Entrance Test and interview.
Hindi medium students are only eligible for BA (Hons) in Political Science and Hindi, since all other courses are taught in English.
Following documents are to be furnished in original and also a set of attested photocopies during the time of admission:
Birth Certificate (Class X Mark sheet)
Mark sheet of the last examination
Caste/Disability certificate (if applicable)
Medical Fitness Certificate and a stamp-sized photograph
Application Procedure at Gargi College
The application procedure of Gargi College is guided by the norms of Delhi University Undergraduate Admissions 2008.
You have to collect the pre-admission form from the Gargi College.
Admission is granted only if criteria, set by the college, is fulfilled.
The filled application form has to be submitted with a photocopy of the Common Pre-Admission Form.
Students from abroad can contact ‘The Foreign Students Registry, C/O Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-110 007’ to know how to apply to Gargi College.
- The application forms will be available from 2nd June, 2008.
- The forms must be submitted by 16th June, 2008 at the most by 1 pm.
- The 1st list of the selected candidates will be published on 26th June at 10am.
- Admission and payment of fees will be held from 27th to 29th June, 2008 till 1pm.
- Second admission list will be issued on 1st July at 10am.
- Admission and payment of fees of the candidates selected in the 2nd list will be from 2nd to 4th July up to 1.00 am.
- Third Admission list will be published on 5th July.
- Admission & payment of fees will take place from 7th to 9th July till 1pm.
- Siri Fort Road, Delhi-110049.
- Phone No. 26494544
- Fax: 011 − 26494215
- Website: Gargi College