Institute of Home Economics
Institute of Home Economics was established in 1969 as a girl's college and presently it offers courses in arts and humanities. It was only recently that a 4 year integrated course in Elementary Education and B. Sc in Biochemistry have been developed.
The college follows the norms of Delhi University Undergraduate Admissions 2008.
Courses offered at Institute of Home Economics
- BSc (Hons) -Home Science and Microbiology
- BSc (General) -Home Science
- MSc-Textiles, Clothing, Foods and Nutrition
- PG Diploma-Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition
- Bachelor in Elementary Education
Eligibility Criteria at Institute of Home Economics
To apply for the undergraduate courses, the candidate must be between 17 to 20 years.
It is essential to pass Class XII Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or other equivalent examination to get admission in under graduate courses.
Application Procedure at Institute of Home Economics
The application form and the prospectus can be purchased from the college counter from the middle of May to the 1st week of June.
The application forms are available till the 3rd week of June.
The cost of the application form is less for the SC/ST or OBC candidates.
To be noted
The college presently has more than 500 students engaged in various courses.
There are around 35 professors and associate professors in this institute who specialize in different subjects related to Home Science, Nutrition, Microbiology etc.
- Principal: Dr. Mrs. K. Khanna
- Address: F − 4, Haus Khaz Enclave, Behind Laxman Public School, New Delhi-110016
- Phone No. 26532402
- Fax: 26510616
- Phone No. 91 − 11 − 27666641