DU Shyam Lal College, Delhi
Shyam Lal College of Delhi owes its existence to Late Padamshri Shyam Lal Gupta with whose efforts the college could be set up in 1964. Students prefer this evening college after passing their 10 + 2 examination. Affiliation with Delhi University helps it run and set up its courses according to the norms of University, thereby offering course on the subjects of Commerce and Humanities. Currently, more than thousand students are part of this college.
Courses Offered at Shyam Lal College
- BA (Honours) -Economics, Political Science, and Hindi
- BA General-Combinations can be any three from English, History, Political Science and Hindi
- BCom Hons
- BCom General
Eligibility for B. A Honours Courses
- Hindi: Minimum45% in aggregate and 50% marks in Hindi
- Political Science: Minimum of 45% in aggregate is required from any recognized board.
- Economics: Minimum of 45% in aggregate and 45% in Maths and English.
Eligibility for B. Com (H) Courses
The candidate must have cleared Mathematics and English in his 10 + 2 examination with a minimum of 45% marks aggregate.
Application form is available both from the college office as well as on college website.
Different Admission forms for differen courses will be available from the 1st week of June to the 3rd week of June.
Admission rules and regulations are as per described in the preface of Delhi University Undergraduate Admissions 2008.
The list of selected candidates will be pasted on the Notice Board.
Selection is based purely on merit and availability of seats.
Admission procedure after selection of candidature requires the candidate to produce original certificates along with one set of attested photocopies.
22.5% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- 6 copies of 4 cm x 6 cm photograph with white background.
- Character certificate from the head of the institute last attended, with your parents'name.
- Marks sheet of class X and XII.
- Birth Certificate or 10th Class Certificate issued by the Board
No of seats available
- BA (Honours) -Economics-30, Political Science-30 and Hindi-30
- BA General-120
- BCom Hons-45
- BCom General-120