Medical Colleges in Punjab
A common entrance test for students known as Punjab Medical Entrance Test (PMET) is conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot through Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar for admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS courses in following Colleges of Punjab state.
However admission to MBBS in Christian Medical College, Ludhiana; BSc Nursing in College of Nursing, Ludhiana require different qualifications.
Domicile PMET is open to candidates from Punjab. Nov 1984 riot affected displaced persons are exempted from the same.
Certain reservations are made for students in the colleges. All India entrance 15%, SC/ST 25%, BC 5%, Backward Area 2% Border Area 2%, Children/grand children of Political sufferers 2% and Children/Widows of defence personnel (killed/disabled) Children of serving/ex-servicemen. Wards of gallantary awardees 2% Handicapped 1% (for MBBS) Children/Widows of para military personnel 1% Children/Widows of Punjab Police, PAP, Punjab Home Guards Personnel (Killed/disabled) 1% Sports 2% Nov 1984 riot affected displaced persons/terrorist affected 2% NRIs (for MBBS) 15 seats.
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana
- Government Medical College, Patiala
- Government Medical College, Chandigarh
- Government Medical College, Amritsar
- Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot
- Sri Guru Ramdas Institute of Medical Sciences, Amritsar
- Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College, Hospital & Research Institute, Ludhiana
- Christian Dental College, Ludhiana
- Dasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences, Faridkot
- GND Dental College & Research Institute, Sunam
- Government Dental College & Hospital, Amritsar
- Government Dental College and Hospital, Patiala
- Khalsa Dental College & Hospital (for Women), Mansa
- Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Amritsar