Subject wise Tips for ACT 2019
Download PDF of This Page (Size: 119K) ↧
Taking the ACT: Basic Tips
- Do not rely on last minute study as it will create confusions only.
- Take a proper night rest before the examination.
- Check out all rules, instructions, directions and questions.
- In case of one skipped word or even instruction could result in an incorrect answer, it must be avoided.
- Target questions with easy answers and then move to the hard ones.
- Answer all the questions and guess if you aren't sure about any question as there is no negative marking for guessing in ACT.
Subject-Wise Tips for ACT English
- Read the entire sentence very minutely before starting to solve the paper
- Reading quickly or in hurry can lead to mistakes.
- Check out four fundamental grammar errors mainly: Subject-verb disagreement, pronoun errors, sentence structure issues and readability problems (wrong idioms, wordiness or any kind of awkward phrasing).
- For reading section, make notes as you read, chalk out main ideas and the connections among the ideas/hints.
- For writing section, follow standard essay format, give brief introduction with three or four main body paragraphs that are having connected ideas and lastly a conclusion.
Subject-Wise Tips for ACT Mathematics
- Draw neat and clean diagrams, if none exist to help you imagine the problem.
- The answers are absolute, so if one seems right but doesn't quite fit, then either it's incorrect or there's a part you aren't able to analyze.
- For MCQs, try to find numbers from the answer choices into the variables in the question to solve it.
- Begin with the answer choice that's in center of all others; if it's wrong explain whether the right answer is greater or smaller.
Subject-Wise Tips for ACT Science
- Preview, read as well as review.
- Analyze the relationships between variables.
- Understand trends in data.
- Don't get confused in the web of technical jargons.