Advanced Placement Environmental Science: Exam Details
The exam is approximately of three hours and contain two sectionss-multiple choice and free response. The multiple choice section comprises of 60% and the free response section comprises of 40% of the final exam grade.
Section I: Multiple Choice-100 Questions; 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Multiple choice questions will covered the following topics:
- Earth Systems and Resources (10%-15%)
- The Living World (10 − 15%)
- Population (10%-15%)
- Land and Water Use (10%-15%)
- Energy Resources and Consumption (10%-15%)
- Pollution (25%-30%)
- Global Change (10%-15%)
The above topics are only meant for the purpose of guidance. Teachers however have the flexibility in choosing topics from the outline.
Total scores of the multiple-choice section will be based on correct answers. Points are neither deducted for incorrect answers nor points are awarded for unanswered questions.
Section II: Free Response-4 Questions; 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
This section contains three types of questions:
- 1 document-based question, in which answers will be given on the basis of documents (e. g. pamphlet, newspaper article, or advertisement)
- 1 data set question, in which answers will be given on the analysis of data.
- 2 synthesis and evaluation of questions which will be in-depth, multipart essays
The following section focuses or emphasizes on the application of principles. Demonstrate analytical skills, as well as your ability to synthesize material from several sources into cogent and coherent essays, it is very crucial.