Advanced Placement Spanish Language: Exam Details
The exam is of approximately 3 hours and contain two sections-multiple choice and free response. Each section of the exam comprised 50% of the final exam grade.
Section I: Multiple Choice-70 Questions; 1 Hour and 20 Minutes
Part A: Listening-34 questions; 35 minutes (20% of final exam grade)
- Dialogues and narratives will be there in brief. The following questions are spoken through the master recording and they are not printed in the exam book, whereas the choices of answers will be printed but not spoken.
- 2 longer dialogues and narratives that may contain interviews, cultural communications, broadcasts or other spoken materials. These questions will be printed in the test booklet and are not spoken through the master recording.
- Students are being encouraged to prepare notes during this part of the exam and for that, writing space will be provided to them. However your notes will not affect your scores.
Part B: Reading-36 questions; 45 minutes (30% of final exam grade)
- Questions of reading comprehension will be based on various passages that includes prose fiction, journalistic articles or essays. Many of the written texts consist of a visual component or a Web page.
- Questions may be there on identification of the main points and from the written texts making of inferences and predictions. Questions based on making cultural inferences or inserting an additional sentence in the appropriate place in the reading passage may also be there.
- Total scores of the MCQ section will be based on the no. Of correct answers. Points are neither deducted for incorrect answers nor points are awarded for unanswered questions.
Section II: Free Response-4 Tasks; 1 Hour and 35 Minutes
- Simulated interpersonal writings like writing an email message or a letter or postcard, 10 minutes will b given; comprised of 10% of final exam grade.
- Answer an essay in written which will be based on provided documents and a related audio source, 15 minutes will be given to review materials plus 40 minutes to write; 20% of final exam grade.
- Give your response to 5 − 6 questions as part of a simulated conversation i.e.20 seconds per response; comprised of 10% of final exam grade.
- Present a 2 minute presentation on the topic that will be given. A document and recording will be provided to the students, you can use them to prepare the presentation i.e.comprised of 10% of final exam grade.