Study Visa Australia
Students from abroad are welcomed with pleasure for studies in Australia by the Australian Government. For this, the Australian department issues many types of student visas under different categories which are given by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to the students. However it is necessary that the student has his admission already granted in a registered course in college in Australia. A registered course is one offered by an Australian education provider registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students. This course should be necessarily a full time course. One may visit the websites of the Commonwealth Register of Courses and Institutions for Overseas Students (CRICOS) for further information on the student visa.
If you wish to pursue courses of less than 3 months of duration, you can pursue it on a visitor visa or working holiday visa. However if the course duration is of more than three months, then it is necessary to apply for a student visa in Australia. Application for student visa can be given at the very day on which you receive a letter of offer or electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) of your admission in a full time course of study in Australia.
You should contact your local Australian Government office overseas to find out:
- How to file your visa application
- What documents you require for filing the application
Visa subclass/education sectors
There are a number of different types of student visas. The following subclasses are based on the education sector of your main course of study:
- 570 Independent ELICOS
- 571 Schools
- 572 Vocational Education and Training
- 573 Higher Education
- 574 Postgraduate Research
- 575 Non-Award
- 576 AusAID or Defence
- While you apply for Australian study visa, there are different assessment levels, based on your past behaviour which you have to pass through. These levels range from assessment level 1 to 5. These levels determine what formalities you have to pass through for sanction of visa. Level 1 assessment, the applicant has to pass through few formalities. The assessment level is determined by the passport held and visa subclass applied for:
- The assessment levels are determined by how likely students are to comply with their visa conditions and the various facts provided to the Government. Assessment level 5 represents the highest number of formalities which you have to pass through:
- The higher the assessment level, the more evidence you will need to provide to demonstrate your financial capacity, understanding of the English language and other relevant matters.
Assesment level for indian students
573 Higher Education
574 Postgraduate Research
Other Important points
- Your ability to cover the expenses of study, travelling and stay in the country will be considered at the time of visa verification.
- You need to have certain degree of command over English Language as per decided at the level of assessment and the sector that you choose for study.
- The tracking of whether you would be able to manage yourself in Australia for the time period of course is also looked upon:
- Your past academic record will be tested to know your capability to complete the course that you have applied for:
- Your immigration history i.e.. Previous compliance with immigration laws and whether you have previously applied for entry to Australia will also be considered.
Discussions & Questions
I have applied for CSU in australia and I got the offer too. For visa dropping I have to submit a SOP. I need your assistance for writing it. ( - po...@ on )
1 AnswerWe do provide SOP consultancy @ Rs. 1000 per SOP. For details email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Examrace on