Breakthrough Changes in CAT exam starting 2014 [ CAT Updates ]
The examination pattern will remain the same with four sections: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. Registration for CAT 2014 will remain open for 56 days starting from August 6 and ending on September 30. Admit card will be available for download from October 16 to till examination date. The results will be declared in the third week of December 2014. CAT 2014 will be conducted in 99 cities comprising of 354 test sites. The CAT exam will be conducted by TCS for 2014. Before the exam was conducted over a period of 22-days. But starting 2014, it will be held only on two separate dates. Hence, candidates do not have the option of selecting their preferred slots. Also, aspirants will be given three options to select their test cities.
The significant changes in CAT examination starting 2014 are:
- The tutorial will not be available before the start of the examination. Students should finish the tutorials from the website well in advance.
- The test duration has gone up by half an hour i.e from 140 minutes to 170 minutes (two hours 50 minutes in total)
- Questions in each section have been increased to 50 in each section from the existing 30 questions.
- Candidates have the flexibility to devote more or less time to each section according to their ability.
- There will be option to switch over from one section to another section at any point during the examination timing.
- Published on: July 28, 2014