CAT – 2015: Moderately difficult; Data Interpretation Section quite difficult [ CAT Updates ]
MBA entrance exam Common Admission Test (CAT) was conducted on Sunday 29th November 2015 across 650 test centers in 165 cities and attempted by 2 lakh candidates to earn their spot at one of the 19 Indian Institutes of Management. The test was held in two slots first was scheduled from 9 AM to 12 noon and second was from 2: 30 PM to 5: 30 PM.
The most of the students found test moderately difficult because of high difficulty level in Data interpretation section.
This year CAT exam has done some changes in examination time they have extended time to 180 minutes from 170 minutes. And students were also allowed to use on screen calculator.
The test has 3 sections:
- Quantitative Ability (QA) – 34 questions
- Data Interpretation (DI) & Logical Reasoning (LR) – 32 questions
- Verbal and reading Comprehension (VRC) – 34 questions
This year time for each section was decided as 1 hours. And questions type was MCQ and Non - MCQs.
Here are the reactions of some candidates on CAT 2015 Paper:
- “CAT 2015 was a moderate paper yet easier than last year. Calculator was indeed useful for me. Moreover, DI had tricky questions and LR was the toughest of all sections, however, I could solve almost all questions. There were no technical glitches during the paper. It was a smooth conduct this year. “
- “I am worried about Data Interpretation area. Hence my strategy is to attempt just 1 or 2 questions from this area and the rest from the Logical Reasoning part of the DI & LR section. “
- “While as I have attempted good numbers of questions in DI sections which other found difficult ”
- Published on: November 30, 2015