How to Prepare for CBSE (UGC) NET JRF June-December 2018
Paper-1 (General Paper on Teaching and Reserch Aptitude)
The ultimate aim of Paper-1 is to check the candidates interest as well as capabilities in Teaching and Research. Skills are required to understand the subject, reasoning, application of methodological reasoning etc which are being analysed by this paper.
This paper includes the following:
- Teaching aptitude.
- Research aptitude.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Data Interpretation.
- Information and communication Technology.
- People environment.
- Higher education System: Governance, Polity and Administration.
Preparation for Paper I
The syllabus is very huge. One needs to attain knowledge on every aspect in detailed manner. He or she has to refer all the subjects in a regular basis and in a most disciplined manner. Keep yourself updated regarding the current affairs, practicing to read and understand the questions well and finding the answers are to be adopted by the candidate. He has to do Mock test Practices frequently. Try to solve as many multiple choice questions as you can and also read the subjects from the basics is must.
Various books are available in the market, but only the standard books need to be followed.
Paper 2 & 3
These are the papers which were preferred by the candidate as per Master's or PG Degree.
- He must be have some fundamental as well as advanced knowledge in them.
- Complete one chapter per week along with practicing model papers daily.
- With the help of mock tests you will become familiar with speed reading, understanding the subject etc and getting a click regarding the answers in your mind without wasting a single minute.
- Also you can analyse and learn your strong and weak points.
- As question paper will become more complex, one has to workout for this and not as per the regular annual exams but to the competitiveness of the exam.
- Revise the subjects as much as possible.
- Divide the time properly.
- Concentrate on those subjects where you are lacking.
Must to Know for CBSE (UGC) -NET Exam
- Be determined: You need to pay more attention on your opted subject papers as there will be two papers based on the same. The syllabus for each subject is huge and hence you should start with crucial topics first followed by the least crucial topics. Also, you should not ignore the preparation of Paper I (Teaching and Research Aptitude) which together with Paper II will play a significant role in fetching minimum required marks for evaluation of Paper III.
- Prepare Time Table: The best way to kick start your preparation for examination is preparing a time table and then sticking to it throughout the preparation tenure. Meticulous study is the correct approach that can help you resolve all your doubts and attain lucid perception of various theories, concepts and their uses regarding the syllabus.
- Study Systematically and Selectively: Make sure you are very systematic in your approach as it will help you to finish your topic as per the time table you had created. You can start with selecting a topic and then decide on the number of days and hours required to complete it. Since only one month is left for the examination, it is advisable that you do selective study starting with crucial topics followed by knowing the basic of least crucial ones.
- Give mock Tests: Manage your time well as it will help you in solving answers in the time allotted in the examination hall. Hence solve as many practice papers and previous year question papers as you can keeping in mind the time limit. Mock papers will help you to locate your weak areas that need revision and help you enhance speed in solving the paper.
- Take Rest: Eating healthy and sleeping well along with study is also one of the mantras for keeping your mind fresh and improving concentration power to grasp concepts. Try to sleep at fixed time and for at least 7 to 8 hours a day during your preparation.
- Thoroughly study the syllabus and understand which sections need more work. Remember you must prepare all sections.
- Prepare critical subsections for each and every topic for all the subjects.
- Maintain and set a time limit and note how fast you can finish a question.
- Enhance your speed as well as thought process gradually by practice.