CBSE (UGC)-NET Practice questions for Ecology and Environment Part 12
70. Which of the following pairs is/are correctly matched?
Protocols Convention Agenda
1. Cartagena : Sharing benefits of
Protocol biological diversity
2. Nagoya : Living modified
3. Vienna : Ozone depleting
Select the correct answer using the code given below
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 3 only
(c) 1, 2 and 3
71. Maule was recently in news regarding the proposal of declaring it World Heritage site in this context consider the following statements:
1. It is world’s largest river island locate in the Brahmaputra River.
2. It is famous for Satrap, a religious institution which practices principle Neo-Vaishnavism.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1nor 2
72. Which of the following ingredient in food responsible for Chinese Rest au rant Syndrome?
(b) Monosodium Glutamate
(c) Hydrogen Peroxide
73. The term ‘Super Earth is often seen in the news in the context of astronomy is?
(a) A plant outside solar System with a mass higher than earth.
(b) An experimental space station mimicking the habitable conditions on earth.
(c) A planet outside solar system with habitable conditions.
(d) a term used for Venus because of its similarity with earth.
74. Government of India recently constituted a panel under Vijay Kelkar for which of the following purpose?
(a) To review the spectrum pricing mechanism
(b) Review the ppp model of infrastructure development.
(c) To review the natural gas pricing mechanism.
(d) To provide a set of guidelines for net neutrality
75. Which of the following are the potential uses of seaweeds?
1. Animal Feed
2. Biomass Fuel
4. Wastewater Treatment
Select the correct answer using code given below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 2 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
76. Which among the following is the objective of Green Energy Corridor project?
(a) To facilitate flow of renewable energy into grid.
(b) To increase the proportion of installed capacity of renewable energy
(c)To power specific transport highways with renewable energy
(d) To provide for operational and energy efficiency measures to reduce T&D losses.
77. Arrange the following steps of Environment Impact Assessment in the chronological order:
1. Management and monitoring
4. Prediction and mitigation
Select the correct answer using the code given below: