CBSE (UGC)-NET Geography Solved Objective Questions Part 17
150. On which river is the city of New York?
151. To which country does the Gulf of California belong?
(a) The USA
(b) Mexico and Guatemala
(d) The USA and Mexico
152. Argentines call it 'the Malvinas', but the English call it
(a) Tierra del Fuego
(b) The Falklands
(c) South Georgia
(d) Queen Adelaide Archipelago .
153. One of the following countries of South America touches both the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea (a part of the Atlantic Ocean).
(a) Costa Rica
154. What is the capital of Uruguay?
(a) Buenos Aires
(d) Rio Grande
155. The Gulf of Ob is in
(a) East Siberian Sea
(b) Laptev Sea
(c) Kara Sea
(d) Barents Sea.
156. Rotorua is a hot-spring lake in
(a) New Zealand
(d) The USA.
157. Which one is known as 'Eire'?
(a) Irish Republic
(b) Northern Ireland
158. Which of these is the eastern most island of the Caribbean?
(a) St. Vincent
159. What is the old Belgium Congo now known as?
160. Okavango Swamps are in
161. What do Anuradhapura, Sigiriya and Polonaruva have in common?
(a) All are ancient capitals of Sri Lanka.
(b) All are major cities of Sri Lanka .
(c) All are Sri Lankan holiday resorts .
(d) All are Tamil towns in Sri Lanka .
162. When Brahmaputra enters Bangladesh it is known as
163. Okinawa is pan of one of the following is land groups
164. To which territory does Kowloon belong?
(b) Hong Kong
(c) Parcel Island
For details answers for solved MCQs in Geography visit – doorsteptutor.com