CBSE (UGC)-NET Geography Solved Objective Questions Part 2
9. 'When the sun rises high a refreshing breeze blows'. To which of the following regions would this be most applicable?
(a) Peruvian coast
(b) Canadian prairies
(c) Congo basin
(d) Alpine valley
10. The direction of prevailing winds blowing from the Horse latitudes to the Equator in the Northern Hemisphere is
(a) South east
(c) North east
(b) North west
(d) South west.
11. Cyclones are called variable winds mainly because of the variation in
(a) Wind velocity
(b) Periodicity of-occurrence
(c) Amount of rainfall
(d) Regional distribution.
12. Most of the areas on the lithosphere experience
(a) Convectional rain
(c) Frontal rain
(d) Orographic rain.
13. The distribution of moisture in the atmosphere is related to
(a) Amount of dust particles
(b) Altitude of a place
(c) Effect of ocean currents
(d) The latitude.
14. Nevada is hotter in summer and colder in winter than California because of its
(a) Situation on mountains
(b) Distance from the sea
(c) More northerly location
(d) Lack of rain in summer.
15. Imaginary lines joining places having equal amount of rainfall are
16. Inversion of temperature takes place
(a) During calm and cloudy nights
(b) In cloudy and windy seas
(c) During calm and clear winter nights
(d) In areas subject to cold currents.
17. The ratio between the absolute humidity of air and its maximum capacity to hold moisture at a given temperature is referred to as
(a) Relative humidity
(b) Dew point
(d) Absolute humidity.
For details answers for solved MCQs in Geography visit – doorsteptutor.com