CBSE (UGC)-NET Geography Solved Objective Questions Part 8
65. Which of the following deposits are found in the ocean's deep floor?
66. Read the passage given below and answer the question:
"The earth's waters are constantly moving. This also distributes certain plants and animals over new feeding grounds and determines the abundance of microscopic plants and tiny animals feeding on them that make up the drifting life in the sea's upper surface layer." "The abundance of microscopic plants and tiny animals" refers to
67. Which of the following intrusive rocks is different in its formation?
68. Which of the following seas has a large extent of continental shelf?
(a) Arabian Sea
(b) North Sea
(c) Caribbean Sea
(d) Mediterranean Sea
69. At which of the following locations would the velocity of the surface movement of water be fastest? (a)
70. Some sailors travelling towards the Gulf of Mexico, passed some hundred kilometers off the coast near Belem. They lasted fresh water in the sea. This was owing to
(a) Excessive rain in these regions
(b) Close proximity of the mouths of the Amazon
(c) The Atlantic ocean being less saline
(d) The Equatorial current bringing fresh water.
71. Sea of Marmara is between
(a) Alaska and Kamchatka
(b) Great Britain and Scandinavia
(c) Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea
(d) Atlantic ocean and Pacific Ocean.
72. The ocean currents all over the world have regular directions throughout the year except in the Indian Ocean. This is because
(a) The Indian Ocean is 'half an ocean'
(b) It has a monsoon drift
(c) Its three sides are bounded by land
(d) It is symmetrical with little northward expansion.
73. The depth of an ocean is measured in
(a) Nautical miles
74. Salinity of the water is expressed mostly in
(b) Millimetres per thousand
(c) Grams per thousand
(d) Parts per thousand.
75. The 'trenches' of the ocean deep are found
(a) Parallel to volcanic regions and islands
(b) In the middle of the ocean
(c) On the western shores of the land mass
(d) On the eastern sides of the oceans.
For details answers for solved MCQs in Geography visit – doorsteptutor.com