70. Some sailors travelling towards the Gulf of Mexico, passed some hundred kilometers off the coast near Belem. They lasted fresh water in the sea. This was owing to
(a) Excessive rain in these regions
(b) Close proximity of the mouths of the Amazon
(c) The Atlantic ocean being less saline
(d) The Equatorial current bringing fresh water.
71. Sea of Marmara is between
(a) Alaska and Kamchatka
(b) Great Britain and Scandinavia
(c) Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea
(d) Atlantic ocean and Pacific Ocean.
72. The ocean currents all over the world have regular directions throughout the year except in the Indian Ocean. This is because
(a) The Indian Ocean is 'half an ocean'
(b) It has a monsoon drift
(c) Its three sides are bounded by land
(d) It is symmetrical with little northward expansion.
73. The depth of an ocean is measured in
(a) Nautical miles
74. Salinity of the water is expressed mostly in
(b) Millimetres per thousand
(c) Grams per thousand
(d) Parts per thousand.
75. The 'trenches' of the ocean deep are found
(a) Parallel to volcanic regions and islands
(b) In the middle of the ocean
(c) On the western shores of the land mass
(d) On the eastern sides of the oceans.
For details answers for solved MCQs in Geography visit – doorsteptutor.com