CBSE (UGC)-NET Geography Solved Objective Questions Part 9
76. Which ocean current keeps the coasts of British Columbia ice free?
(a) Labrador current
(b) Gulf stream
(c) Alaskan current
(d) Kuro Siwo current
77. The highest water temperatures have been recorded in the
(a) Red Sea
(b) Arabian Sea
(c) Indian Ocean
(d) Caribbean Sea.
78. Read the passage given below and answer the question: "As die tides alternately cover and uncover the narrow strip of coastal land that lies between the high tide and low-tide marks, the many plants and animals that live there must adapt to alternate submersion and drying out" One marine organism that lives in the above condition is
(c) Marine flatworm
79. Neap tides are smaller in dimension because they occur during
(a) First quarter of the moon
(b) New moon
(d) Full moon.
80. Coral reefs are formed mainly by
(a) Lime secreting plants
(b) Calcareous algae
(d) Shell-forming creatures.
81. Which one is a coral island?
(c) Tierra del Fuego
82. The oceans are most important for man because
(a) They provide him with abundant food as fish
(b) They are an inexhaustible source of water for irrigation and drinking
(c) They provide the vital link between the continents
(d) They are the only reason for life to exist on this earth.
83. Petrified rocks are a type of
(b) Sedimentary rock
(c) Igneous rock
(d) Metamorphic rock.
84. Seychelles island is between
For details answers for solved MCQs in Geography visit – doorsteptutor.com