Paper 3 has been removed from NET from 2018 (Notification)- now paper 2 and 3 syllabus is included in paper 2
CBSE (UGC) NET June-December 2018 Syllabus for Comparative Literature
CBSE (UGC) NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2012
Code No. 72
Subject: Comparative Literature Syllabus
- There will be two question papers. CBSE (UGC) NET Comparative Literature Paper II and Paper III.
- Paper II will consist of 50 questions worth 2 mark each.
- Paper III will consist of 75 questions worth 2 mark each.
Comparative Literature Paper II and Paper III
Unit-I: The Epistemology of Comparative Literature
- Definition and Scone of Comparative Literature
- Development of the Discipline
Unit-II: Literary Historiography
- History and Literary History
- Elements of Literary History
- Problems of Periodization
Unit-III: The Theory of Genres
- Oral and Written
- Ancient, Medieval and Modern
- Motifs, Myths and Archetypes
- The Diachronic and Synchronic Study of Themes
Unit-V: Comparative Indian Literature
- Themes and Genres
Unit-VI: Literary Theory
- Indian Poetics: Tamil and Sanskrit
- Western Literary Theories
Unit-VII: Cross-cultural Literary Relations
Unit-VIII: Translation Studies
- History of Translation-Indian and Non-Indian.
- Theories of Translation.
- Problems of Translation-Linguistic and Cultural.