CBSE (UGC) NET June-December 2017 Syllabus for English
CBSE (UGC) NET English Syllabus 2012
Code No. 30
- There will be two question papers, CBSE (UGC) NET English Paper II and Paper III
- Paper II will consist of 50 questions worth 2 mark each.
- Paper III will consist of 75 questions worth 2 mark each.
CBSE (UGC) NET English Paper II
- Chaucer to Shakespeare
- Jacobean to Restoration Periods
- Augustan Age: 18th Century Literature
- Romantic Period
- Victorian Period
- Modern Period
- Contemporary Period
- American and other non-British Literature's
- Literary Theory and Criticism
- Rhetoric and Prosody
CBSE (UGC) NET English Paper III-A (Core Group)
British Literature from Chaucer to the present day
Criticism and Literary Theory.
Unit-I: Literary Comprehension
With internal choice of poetry stanza and prose passage; four comprehension questions will be asked carrying 4 marks each.
Unit-II: Up to the Renaissance
Unit-III: Jacobean to Restoration Periods
Unit-IV: Augustan Age 18th Century Literature
Unit-V: Romantic Period
Unit-VI: Victorian and Pre-Raphaelites
Unit-VII: Modem British Literature
Unit-VIII: Contemporary British Literature
Unit-IX: Literary Theory and Criticism up to T. S. Eliot
Unit-X: Contemporary Theory
CBSE (UGC) NET English Paper III-B (Elective or Optional)
- Elective-I: History of English Language, English Language Teaching.
- Elective-II: European Literature from Classical Age to the 20th Century.
- Elective-III: Indian writing in English and Indian Literature in English translation.
- Elective-IV: American and other non-British English Literatures.
- Elective-V: Literary Theory and Criticism.