CBSE (UGC) NET June-December 2017 Syllabus for Management
CBSE (UGC) NET Management Syllabus 2012
Code No. 17
Subject: Management (including Business Administration Management/Marketing/Marketing Management/Industrial Relations and Personnel Management. etc).
- There will be two question papers, CBSE (UGC) NET Management Paper II and Paper III.
- Paper II will consist of 50 questions worth 2 mark each.
- Paper III will consist of 75 questions worth 2 mark each.
CBSE (UGC) NET Management Paper II & Paper III-A Core Group
- Managerial Economics-Demand Analysis
- Production Function
- Cost-Output Relations
- Market Structures
- Pricing Theories
- National Income Concepts
- Infrastructure-Management and Policy
- Business Environment
- Capital Budgeting
- The concept and significance of organisational behaviour-Skills and Roles in an organisation-Classical, Neo-Classical and Modern Theories of Organisational Structure-Organisational Design-Understanding and Managing individual behaviour personality-Perception-Values-Attitudes-Learning-Motivation.
- Understanding and Managing Group Behaviour, Processes-Inter-personal and group dynamics-Communication-Leadership-Managing change-Managing conflicts.
- Organisational Development.
- Concepts and perspectives in HRM; HRM in changing environment.
- Human Resource Plarming-Objectives, Process and Techniques.
- Job analysis-Job Description.
- Selecting Human Resources.
- Induction, Training and Development.
- Exit policy and Implications.
- Performance Appraisal and Evaluation.
- Potential Assessment.
- Job Evaluation.
- Wage Determination.
- Industrial Relations and Trade Unions.
- Dispute Resolution and Grievance Management.
- Labour Welfare and Social Security Measures.
- Financial Management-Nature and Scope.
- Valuation Concepts and Valuation of Securities.
- Capital Budgeting Decisions-Risk Analysis.
- Capital Structure and Cost of Capital.
- Dividend Policy-Determinants.
- Long-Term and Short-Term Financing Instruments.
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Marketing Environment and Environment Scanning; Marketing Information Systems and Marketing Research; Understanding Consumer and Industrial Markets; Demand Measurement and Forecasting; Market Segmentation-Targeting and Positioning; Product Decisions, Product mix, Product Life Cycle; New Product Development; Branding and Packaging; Pricing Methods and Strategies.
- Promotion Decisions-Promotion mix; Advertising; Personal Selling; Channel Management; Vertical Marketing Systems; Evaluation and Control of Marketing Effort; Marketing of Services; Customer Relation Management
- Uses of Internet as a Marketing Medium-Other related issues like branding, market development, Advertising and retailing on the net.
- New issues in Marketing.
- Role and Scope of Production Management; Faculty Location; Layout Planning and Analysis; Production Planning and Control-Production Process Analysis; Demand Forecasting for Operations; Determinants of Product mix; Production Scheduling; Work measurement; Time and Motion Study; Statistical Quality Control.
- Role and Scope of Operations Research; Linear Programming; Sensitivity Analysis; Duality; Transportation Model; Inventory Control; Queueing Theory; Decision Theory; Markov Analysis; PERT/CPM.
- Probability Theory; Probability distributions-Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential; Correlation and Regression analysis; Sampling theory; Sampling distributions; Tests of Hypothesis; Large and small samples; t z, F, Chi-square tests.
- Use of Computers in Managerial applications; Technology issues and Data processing in organizations; Information systems; MIS and Decision making; System analysis and design; Trends in Information Technology; Internet and Internet-based applications.
- Concept of Corporate Strategy; Components of Strategy Formulation; Ansoffs Growth Vector; BCG Model; Porter's Generic Strategies; Competitor Analysis; Strategic Dimensions and Group Mapping; Industry Analysis; Strategies in Industry Evolution, Fragmentation, Maturity, and decline.
- Competitive strategy and Corporate Strategy; Transnationalization of World Economy; Managing Cultural Diversity; Global Entry Strategies; Globalisation of Financial System and Services; Managing International Business; Competitive Advantage of Nations; RTP and WTO.
- Concepts-Types, Characteristics; Motivation; Competencies and its development; Innovation and Entrepreneurship; Small business-Concepts Government policy for promotion of small and tiny enterprises; Process of Business Opportunity Identification
- Detailed business plan preparation; Managing small enterprises; Planning for growth; Sickness in Small Enterprises; Rehabilitation of Sick Enterprises; Intrapreneurship (Organisational Entrepreneurship).
- Ethics and Management System; Ethical issues and Analysis in Management; Value based organisations; Personal framework for ethical choices
- Ethical pressure on individual in organisations; Gender issues; Ecological consciousness; Environmental ethics; Social responsibilities of business; Corporate governance and ethics.
CBSE (UGC) NET Management Paper III-B Elective or Optional
- Human Resource Management (HRM) -Significance; Objectives; Functions; A diagnostic model; External and Internal environment
- Forces and Influences; Organizing HRM function.
- Recruitment and Selection-Sources of recruits; Recruiting methods; Selection procedure; Selection tests; Placement and Follow-up:
- Performance Appraisal System-Importance and Objectives; Techniques of appraisal system; New trends in appraisal system.
- Development of Personnel-Objectives; Detennining Needs; Methods of Training & Development programs; Evaluation.
- Career Planning and Development-Concept of career; Career planning and development methods.
- Compensation and Benefits-Job evaluation techniques; Wage and salary administration; Fringe Benefits; Human resource records and audit.
- Employee Discipline-importance; causes and forms; Disciplinary action; Domestic enquiry.
- Grievance Management-Importance; Process and Practices; Employee Welfare and Social Security Measures.
- Industrial Relations-Importance; Industrial conflicts; Causes; Dispute settlement machinery.
- Trade Unions-Importance of Unionism; Union leadership; National Trade Union Movement.
- Collective Bargaining-Concept; Process; Pre-requisites; New trends in collective bargaining.
- Industrial Democracy and Employee Participation-Need for industrial democracy; Pre-requisites for industrial democracy; Employee Participation-Objectives; Forms of Employee Participation.
- Future of Human Resource Management.
- Marketing-Concept; Nature and Scope; Marketing myopia; Marketing mix; Different environments and their influences on marketing; Understanding the customer and competition.
- Role and Relevance of Segmentation and Positioning; Static and Dynamic understanding of BCG Matrix and Product Life Cycle; Brands-Meaning and Role; Brand building strategies; Share increasing strategies.
- Pricing objectives; Pricing concepts; Pricing methods.
- Product-Basic and Augmented stages in New Product Developments
- Test Marketing Concepts.
- Promotion mix-Role and Relevance of advertising Sales promotion-media planning and management.
- Advertising-Planning, execution and evaluation.
- Different tools used in sales promotion and their specific advantages and limitations.
- Public Relations-Concept and Relevance.
- Distribution channel hierarchy; Role of each member in the channel; Analysis of business potential and evaluation of performance of the channel members.
- Wholesaling and Retailing-Different types and the strengths of each one; Emerging issues in different kinds of retailing in India.
- Marketing Research-Sources of Information; Data Collection; Basic Tools used in Data Analysis; Structuring a Research Report.
- Marketing to Organisations-Segmentation Models; Buyer behaviour models; Organisational, buying process.
- Consumer Behaviour theories and models and their specific relevance to marketing managers.
- Sales Function-Role of technology in automation of sales function Customer relationship management including the concept of ‘Relationship Marketing’
- Use of internet as a medium of marketing; Managerial issues in reaching consumers/organisation through internet.
- Structuring and managing marketing organisations.
- Export Marketing-Indian and global context.
- Nature and Scope of Financial Management.
- Valuation Concepts-Risk and Return; Valuation of Securities; Pricing Theories-Capital asset pricing model and Arbitrage pricing theory-Understanding financial statements and analysis thereof.
- Capital budgeting decisions; Risk analysis in capital budgeting and Long-Term sources of finance.
- Capital Structure-Theories and Factors; Cost of capital.
- Dividend Policies-Theories and Determinants.
- Working Capital Management-Determinants and Financing; Cash management; Inventory management; Receivables management.
- Elements of Derivatives.
- Corporate risk management.
- Mergers and Acquitions.
- International Financial Management.
- India's Foreign Trade and Policy; Export promotion policies; Trade agreements with other countries; Policy and performance of Export zones and Export-oriented units; Export incentives.
- International marketing logistics; International logistical structures; Export Documentation framework; Organization of shipping services; Chartering practices; Marine cargo insurance.
- International financial environment; Foreign exchange markets; Deterrnination of exchange rates; Exchange risk measurement; International investment; International capital markets; International Credit Rating Agencies and Implications of their ratings.
- WTO and Multilateral trade agreements pertaining to trade in goods; trade in services and TRIPS; Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs); International Trade Blocks-NAFTA, ASEAN, SAARC, EU, WTO and Dispute Settlement Mechanism.
- Technology monitoring; Emerging Opportunities for Global Business.
Discussions & Questions
I am doing Msc in hospitality Administration . specialization in H.R . can I give UGC Net Management exam? ( - co...@ on )
1 AnswerRefer eligibility and subject code details - https://www.examrace.com/CBSE-UGC-NET/CBSE-UGC-NET-Exam-Scheme/Subject-Code-List-for-CBSE-NET-Exam.html and https://www.examrace.com/CBSE-UGC-NET/CBSE-UGC-NET-Exam-Scheme/CBSE-UGC-NET-Eligibility-Criteria.html
- Examrace on
I need proper material as well as guidance for CBSE ugc net exam for management paper. ( - si...@ on )
1 AnswerFor CBSE NET solutions to past papers are available at - https://www.doorsteptutor.com/Exams/UGC/
- Examrace on
I am pursuing MBA in hospital management, I am in final year, can I apply for the post of assistant professor? And what will be the subject name when I am applying? ( - sr...@ on )
1 AnswerYou can apply in Management.
- Examrace on
I want to know more about NET & SET exams. When is this year's exam, dates, form details, study materials. ( - su...@ on )
1 AnswerYou can subscribe for free updates at - https://www.examrace.com/CBSE-UGC-NET/CBSE-UGC-NET-Updates/
- Examrace on
Sir i want to apply for LS and JRF in human resource management so in which of the subject code should a fill for??? ( - ta...@ on )
1 AnswerYou will have to apply for labour welfare and HRM, for preparation refer - https://www.doorsteptutor.com/Exams/UGC/
- Examrace on
Sir, I am appearing for NET Exam for Management in the month of Dec 2016. I have one doubt regarding Paper III. Can you please explain me the patterns of Paper III (A) & III (B)? Are both Objective? ( - pr...@ on )
1 AnswerNow Paper 1,2 and 3 are all objective type. Although the syllabus remains the same as before, paper 3 has 75 objective questions.
- Examrace on
Tell me more about preparation of UGC NET entrance in management?( - he...@ on )
There are many past papers given which will direct you on the types of the questions asked in UGC NET Management, also you can refer to the various books in booklist section.
- Examrace on