CBSE (UGC) NET June-December 2017 Syllabus for Museology and Conservation
CBSE (UGC) NET Museology and Conservation Syllabus 2012
Code No. 66
Subject: Museology and Conservation
- There will be two question papers. CBSE (UGC) NET Paper II and CBSE (UGC) NET Paper III.
- Paper II will consist of 50 questions worth 2 mark each.
- Paper III will consist of 75 questions worth 2 mark each.
CBSE (UGC) NET Paper II and Paper III (Parts A & B)
- Definition of Museum.
- Definition of Museology/Museography.
- History of Development of Museum-World/India.
- Types of Museums-India.
- Para Museums.
- Rural Museums-their problems.
- Role of Museum in Society.
- Museum accountability.
- Museum in changing world.
- Museum Movement and International Organization.
- Professional associations and their relevance.
- History of Collection-World.
- Theoretical issues and value based collection/objectives.
- Methods of Collection.
- Ethics of Collection.
- History of Documentation/aim and objectives.
- Registration Methods/Indexing/Cataloguing.
- Exhibition Documentation.
- Conservation/Restoration Documentation.
- Ethnology/Anthropology/Folk Literature.
- History of Art/Fine Arts/Performing Art.
- National History and Physical Sciences.
- General Principles of presentation.
- Organization and planning of gallery/exhibition.
- Nature and types of exhibition.
- Permanent/temporary exhibition.
- Types of Museum Lighting-Natural and Artificial-their merits and demerits.
- Effects of light on textiles, paintings, natural history specimens.
- Preparation of blue print and stages of work.
- Selection of materials research for data input.
- Execution of presentation (layout, exhibit-design, stages of mounting illumination).
- Communication Techniques.
- Lable/Lable Writing.
- Audio-Visual Techniques/Application.
- Orientation and guiding.
- Other Complimentary Techniques and Application.
- General Principles and Theoretical issues.
- Educational Role of the Museum.
- Educational Services and Facilities.
- Extension Services/out reach program.
- Special Services to Physically handicapped.
- Cultural Resources in Museum Education.
- General Principles of Public Relations.
- Nature of Public Relations and its application in museum.
- Media Outlets-Print Media, Electronic Media.
- Information Technology in Museums.
- Public Facilities and Services.
- Classification of Museum visitors-its need.
- Friends of the Museum and Voluntary Services.
- Museum Marketing Strategy.
- Analysis of Materials.
- Factors of Deterioration.
- Pest Control in Museums.
- Sterilization/prevention/first aid.
- Storage Organisation.
- Packing and Transportation Regulations.
- Insurance/Other Safeguards.
- Museum Security against fire, theft and burglary, armed conflict.
- Principles of Museum Management.
- Administrative Structures of Museum.
- Museum Administration Personnel Finance.
- Policy Planning and Quality Development.
- Museum Security and Maintenance.