CBSE (UGC) NET June-December 2017 Syllabus for Social Medicine and Community Health
CBSE (UGC) NET Social Medicine and Community Health Syllabus 2012
Code No: 81
Subject: Social Medicine and Community Health
- There will be two question papers: CBSE (UGC) NET Social Medicine and Community Health Paper II and CBSE (UGC) NET Social Medicine and Community Health Paper III
- Paper II will consist of 50 questions worth 2 mark each.
- Paper III will consist of 75 questions worth 2 mark each.
CBSE (UGC) NET Paper II and Paper III
- Definitions and Concepts
- Evolution of Public Health
- Important Public Health Acts
- Health problems of developed and developing countries
- Health problems in India Environment and Health
- Definition and Concepts of Epidemiology
- Concepts of Health and Disease
- Role of Genetics in Health and Disease
- Levels of Prevention
- Types of Epidemiology
- Uses of Epidemiology
- Epidemiology, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases, like Malaria, Cholera, Tuberculosis, Leprosy, Diarrhoea, ARI, Poliomyelitis, Viral Hepatitis, Measles, Dengue, Rabies, AIDS, etc.
- Non-communicable diseases, like coronary heart disease, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, cancers, etc.
- Occupational disorders like, pneumo-coniosis, hearing loss, accidents, dermatosis, etc.
- Major nutritional problems, etiology, manifestations and prevention Components of RCH care.
- Need and package of services under RCH Program.
- Health planning in India including various committees and National Health Policy and Health Goals set from time to time
- Organised sector with reference to Centre, State, District and Block level structures and local bodies and Panchayati Raj
- Organisation and functions of community health centres and primary health centres
- Health Manpower
- Primary Health care and concept
- Alternative systems of medicine, like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, etc.
- Holistic Approach
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and Private Voluntary Organisations (PVOs)
- Unorganised Sector
- Definition, scope and evolution
- Problems of Population growth
- Birthrates, death rates, fertility rates, age-specific mortality rates, MMR, CPR, etc.
- Approaches and methods of contraception
- Definition and scope of social and behavioural sciences in Health
- Concept and significance of social structure and social organisation
- Culture and Behaviour related to Health and Disease
- Political and Economical aspects of Health
- Concepts and techniques of Information, Education and Communication including Counselling methodology
- Basic concepts in statistics
- Concepts of epidemiology, approaches and methods
- Techniques of social sciences research relevant to health fields
- Health systems research, operational research, mathematical models
- Research related to health economics, medical geography
- Environmental sanitation Nutrition
- Family Welfare and Planning
- Reproductive and Child health
- Communicable and Non-communicable diseases
- Objectives and Organisation of important agencies, like WHO, UNICEF, FAO, ILO, Indian Red Cross Society, UNFPA, World Bank, Asia Development Bank, Ford Foundation, CARE, Rockefeller Foundation, etc. And their role in Health care activities in India
Discussions & Questions
sir I want UGC last 10 year question paper so that I am completely prepare about UGC NET examination ( - dr...@ on )
1 AnswerThe last 10 year papers for Social Medicine is available at https://www.examrace.com/CBSE-UGC-NET/CBSE-UGC-NET-Previous-Years-Papers/Social-Medicine and for paper 1 is available at https://www.examrace.com/CBSE-UGC-NET/CBSE-UGC-NET-Previous-Years-Papers/Paper-1. Study material for Paper 1 is available at https://www.examrace.com/CBSE-UGC-NET/CBSE-UGC-NET-FlexiPrep-Program/Postal-Courses/Examrace-CBSE-UGC-NET-Paper-I-Series.htm.
- Examrace on