All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) [ Detailed Analysis (CA/GS) - Education ]
Higher education is of vital importance for the country, as it is a powerful tool to build knowledgebase society of the 21st Century. The official statistical system plays a key role in any society, especially, in a large and diverse democracy. A key principle of the system is that it must be completely independent and transparent.
The main objectives of the survey was to
- Identify & capture all the institutions of higher learning in the country
- Collect the data from all the higher education institutions on various aspects of higher education
Highlights of the Program
- Started in 2010-11
- List of all institutions engaged in imparting of higher education.
- Data collection on teachers, student enrolment, programs, examination results, education finance, infrastructure.
- Inclusion of 3rd Gender Option
- Indicators of educational development: Institution Density, Gross Enrolment Ratio, Pupil-teacher ratio, Gender Parity Index, Per Student Expenditure
About MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development)
- Education plays an important role in the Human Resource Development and a remedial role in balancing the socio‐economic fabric of the Country.
- In pursuance of this mission, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) was created on September 26, 1985, through the 174th amendment to the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961.
- MHRD works through two departments:
- Department of School Education & Literacy
- Department of Higher Education
Data is being collected on following broad items
- Institution’s Basic Details
- Teacher’s Details
- Details of Non-Teaching Staff
- Programme conducted under various Faculties/Schools & Departments/Centres
- Students enrolled in these Programme
- Examination result of terminal year of each Programme
- Financial Information such as Receipt and Expenditure under various heads
- Availability of Infrastructure
- Scholarships, Loans & Accreditation
Expected Questions CBSE NET Jan 2017 Paper 1: School Education
Dr. Manishika Jain explains the what to expect for 2017 Paper 1 - school education.
- Published on: January 3, 2017