CBSE UGC NET JRF December 2014 Paper 1 Solutions Part 1 of 4 [ CBSE NET-JRF Updates ]
Know your score!! The most comprehensive explanations for CBSE UGC NET JRF 2014 Paper 1 December 2014. Click here for the free video for detailed explanations CBSE NET December 2014 Paper 1 - Part 1 of 4 Comprehensive Solutions.
1. CSS stands for
(A) Cascading Style Sheets
(B) Collecting Style Sheets
(C) Comparative Style Sheets
(D) Comprehensive Style Sheets
2. MOOC stands for
(A) Media Online Open Course
(B) Massachusetts Open Online Course
(C) Massive Open Online Course
(D) Myrind Open Online Course
3. Binary equivalent of decimal number 35 is
4. gif, jpg, bmp, png are used as extensions for files which store
(A) Audio data
(B) Image data
(C) Video data
(D) Text data
5. Symbols A-F are used in which one of the following?
(A) Binary number system
(B) Decimal number system
(C) Hexadecimal number system
(D) Octal number system
6. Which one of the following is not a search engine?
7. In terms of total CO2 emissions from a country, identity the correct sequence:
(A) U.S.A. > China > India > Russia
(B) China > U.S.A. > India > Russia
(C) China > U.S.A. > Russia > India
(D) U.S.A. > China > Russia > India
8. Match List – I and List – II and identify the correct code:
a. World Health Day i.16th September
b. World Population Day ii. 1st December
c. World Ozone Day iii. 11th July
d. World AIDS Day iv. 7th April
a b c d
(A) i ii iii iv
(B) iv iii i ii
(C) ii iii iv i
(D) iii iv ii i
9. Which of the anthropogenic activity accounts for more than 2/3rd of global water consumption?
(B) Hydropower generation
(D) Domestic and Municipal usage
10. One of the anthropogenic sources of gaseous pollutants chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) in air is
(A) Cement Industry
(B) Fertiliser industry
(C) Foam industry
(D) Pesticide industry
11. The maximum number of fake institutions / universities as identified by the UGC in the year 2014 are in the State / Union territory of
(B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Tamil Nadu
12. Which of the following institutions are empowered to confer or grant degrees under the UGC Act, 1956?
(1) A university established by an Act of Parliament.
(2) A university established by an Act of Legislature.
(3) A university / institution established by a linguistic minority.
(4) An institution which is a deemed to be university.
Select the correct answers from the codes given below: (A) 1 and 2 (B) 1, 2 and 3 (C) 1, 2 and 4 (D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
13. Which of the following are the tools of good governance?
1. Social Audit
2. Separation of Powers
3. Citizen’s Charter
4. Right to Information
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) 1, 3 and 4
(B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 4
(D) 1, 2, 3, and 4
14. The cyclone “Hudhud” hit the coast of which State?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
15. Which of the following is not a renewable natural resource?
(A) Clean air
(B) Fresh water
(C) Fertile soil
As discussed in the video tutorials, most of the questions could be solved by using techniques from Examrace CBSE NET Paper 1 Postal Course .
- Published/Last Modified on: December 29, 2014