CBSE UGC NET JRF Psychology December 2014 Paper 3 Solutions Part 1 of 5 Answer Key [ CBSE NET-JRF Updates ]
The video solutions for CBSE NET Psychology Paper 3 December 2014 are available at Youtube Examrace Channel Part 1 of 5. The complete postal course for CBSE NET Psychology is available at Postal course in Psychology by Examrace for CBSE NET. The set of practice papers and MCQs with solutions can be found at Subscribe at Doorsteptutor.com for Psychology Solved MCQs.
1. Among the following descriptions of major defense mechanisms, which one describes ‘projection’?
(A) Assigning logical or socially desirable motives to that we do.
(B) Directing a motive, that cannot be gratified in one form into another channel.
(C) Denying that an unpleasant reality exists.
(D) Assigning our own undesirable qualities to others.
2. Match the items of List - I (Theory) with List - II (Explanation) and mark your answer with the help of the codes given below:
List - I (Theory)
p. Doctrine of specific nerve energies
q. Frequency Theory
r. Purkinje effect
s. Law of Pragnanz
List II (Explanation)
1. The basilar membrane vibrates as a whole to the frequency of the sound wave
2. The sensation elicited by stimulus depends primarily on the nerve excited and secondarily on the stimuli
3. Refers to the tendency to perceive the simplest and the most stable figure of all possible alternatives
4. The illumination decreases owing to the shift from photopic cone vision to scotopic rod vision
p q r s
(A) 2 1 4 3
(B) 3 4 1 2
(C) 2 1 3 4
(D) 3 4 2 1
3. Engram involves many physical changes. They are
1. Change in number of receptor sites.
2. Change in the transmission system.
3. Changes in the sensitivity of the synapse through repeated stimulation.
4. Changes in the dendrites.
5. Changes in the neuron structure.
(A) 1, 3 and 4
(C) 1, 2 and 4
(B) 3 and 5
(D) 2 and 4
4. Match List- I with List- II and indicate your answer with the help of codes given below:
List - I (Counselling Skills)
s. Logical consequences
List II (Features)
1. Telling the client to view the problem from an alternate perspective.
2. Explaining to the client the logical outcomes of sequential thinking.
3. Counsellor discloses about personal experiences from the past.
4. Telling the client how to go about solving the problem/crisis.
p q r s
(A) 4 3 2 1
(B) 3 4 1 2
(C) 2 1 3 4
(D) 1 2 4 3
5. Read each of the following two statements: Assertion (A) and Reason (R) and indicate your answer using the codes given below:
Assertion (A) : Freud’s theory holds that many behaviors are caused by unconscious motivation. Personality is determined by biological drives of sex and aggression.
Reason (R) : Personality differences results from variations in learning experiences.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
6. Match the items in List- I with List - II and mark your answer using the given codes :
List- I (Therapy)
p. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
q. Exposure Techniques
r. Dialectic Behaviour Therapy
s. Eye-movement desensitization and reprocessing
List - II (Clinical Condition)
1. Anxiety disorders
2. Post -traumatic stress disorder
4. Borderline personality disorder
p q r s .
(A) 3 1 4 2
(B) 4 2 3 1
(C) 2 4 1 3
(D) 1 3 2 4
7. Which of the following are the physiological reactions to stress?
1. Decrease in metabolic rate.
2. Dilation of Pupils
3. Lower Blood Pressure
4. Increased heart rate
(A) 2 and 4 (B) 1, 2 and 4
(C) 1, 3 and 4 (D) 2, 3 and 4
8. According to Albert Bandura any behavior produces two sets of consequences. They are
3. External outcomes
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 3 and 4
(C) 2 and 3 (D) I and 4
9. The degree to which one can control an event, ___ the stress and inability to predict occurrence of an event usually ______ the stress.
(A) increases, increases (B) increases, decreases
(C) decreases, increases (D) decreases, decreases
10. Match List - I (Studying Motivation) with that of List - II (Explanation) and mark your answer with the help of the codes given below:
List – I (Studying Motivation)
p. Behaviouristic Approach
q. Humanistic Approach
r. Cognitive Approach
s. Socio-cultural Approach
List – II (Explanation)
1. Interpersonal relations with community.
2. Incentives rewards and punishment.
3. Actualising needs.
4. Behaviour is determined by our thinking and attribution
p q r s
(A) 2 3 4 1
(B) 3 2 4 1
(C) 1 2 4 3
(D) 1 3 2 4
11. Read each of the following two statements Assertion (A) and Reason (R) and indicate your answer using the codes given below:
Assertion (A): People with external locus of control are prone to learned helplessness.
Reason (R): People with internal locus of control believe that is changeable and they work at developing new strategies.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) IS true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
12. According to problem space theory, a problem solver generally operates through three states; ___, the goal state and all possible ___
(A) Pre state; final state.
(B) First state; outcome state
(C) Initial state; outcome state
(D) Initial state; intermediate state
13. According to self-determination theory of motivation given by Ryan and Deci, the three inborn and universal needs are
(A) Autonomy, Symmetry and Competence.
(B) Symmetry, Competence and Relatedness.
(C) Autonomy, Competence and Relatedness
(D) Competence Relatedness and Order.
14. Physiological psychologists distinguish between ____ thirst and ___ thirst which result from an increase in the concentration of solutes and low blood pressure respectively.
(A) Osmotic, Hypovolumic (B) Osmotic, Hypervolumic
(C) Hypovolumic, Osmotic (D) Hypervolumic, Osmotic
15. Sternberg’s Triarchic theory identifies ____ types of components; __ are used to plan, control and monitor in problem solving.
(A) Three, Meta components (B) Four, Performance
(C) Problem solving, Knowledge
(D) Several, Acquisition components
- Published on: January 16, 2015
Discussions & Questions
( - pa...@ on )
1 AnswerThe answer keys for December 2014 CBSE NET Paper 1 are available at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW9kB_HKs3_NCXcqf9tBCUh5uYD1aBg6W
- Examrace on