UGC to Setup a High - Level Panel to Reconsider the Basis for Non - NET Fellowship[ CBSE NET-JRF Updates ]
In a recent decision taken by University Grants Commission (UGC), it decided to discontinue the non - NET scholarship being offered to PhD candidates in various universities across India. As a part of the UGC decision the fellowship of 5, 000 to 8, 000 per month was to be discontinued for MPhil and PhD Scholars pursuing research.
UGC suggested that this step has been taken to improve the quality of higher education in India, emphasis the importance of NET JRF examination and adhere to the reforms being talked about in WTO aiming to make education a tradeable service.
This also came in as a move requested by students to increase financial assistance to Rs. 10, 000 (for the first two years) and Rs. 16, 000 (for the next three years).
However the HRD ministry intervened; it withdrew this move pending review by a high level committee which many view as just an eye - wash
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Organization: Set up by the Indian Union government in 1956.
- Chairman: Professor Ved Prakash
- Centers: Kolkata, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Bangalore, Pune and Bhopal.
- Aim: UGC provides recognition to universities in India as well as funds to these recognized universities and colleges.
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going! Don’t miss out a single moment and start your preparation for NET JRF now!
- Published/Last Modified on: October 23, 2015