Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan (RAA) [ Detailed Analysis (CA/GS) - Education ]
In pursuance of the focus on connecting school based knowledge to life outside the school and making learning of Science Mathematics a joyful and meaningful activity, to bring focus on innovation and use of technology, the Ministry of Human Resource Development has set up the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan (RAA).
- Established beyond schools – Age group 6-18 years
- Nurture spirit of inquiry and creativity
- Love for Science and Mathematics
- Effective use of technology amongst children
- Encourage those who show inclination and talent for these subjects to be encouraged
- Dual track approach to make Science, Mathematics and Technology exciting both inside classroom and outside classroom activities.
Major interventions under RAA
(1) Systemic improvements in the School System
- Teacher Preparation for Science, Mathematics and Technology: Pre-Service and In-service.
- Assessment design for Science and Mathematics for students.
- Recruitment of Science and Mathematics Teachers.
- Strengthening School Science Laboratories and Mathematics Laboratories
(2) Initiatives to encourage Science, Mathematics through alternative strategies
- School Mentoring for Science & Mathematics teaching by Higher Education Institutions.
- Teacher Circles on Science, Mathematics and Technology
- Science/Mathematics Clubs for Children
Key Objectives of the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan
1. Children should develop an interest in science and mathematics. And the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan aims at that.
2. The scheme will also try to make kids love inquiry and creativity. So they can come up with their own ideas.
Expected Questions CBSE NET Jan 2017 Paper 1: Higher Education
Dr. Manishika Jain explains the what to expect for 2017 Paper 1 - higher education. Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
- Published on: January 3, 2017