Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) [ Detailed Analysis (CA/GS) - Education ]
Overview Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS), launched in 2013.Provide strategic funding to eligible state higher educational institutions.Funding: 60:40 for general category States, 90:10 for special category states and 100% for UTs.
- Adequate opportunities of higher education to SC/STs and socially and educationally backward classes; promote inclusion of women, minorities, and differently abled persons
- Create new universities by up gradation of existing autonomous colleges and conversion of colleges in a cluster.
The salient objectives of RUSA are to:
- Improve the overall quality of state institutions by ensuring conformity to prescribed norms and standards and adopt accreditation as a mandatory quality assurance framework.
- Create an enabling atmosphere in the higher educational institutions to devote themselves to research and innovations.
- Correct regional imbalances in access to higher education by setting up institutions in unserved & underserved areas
The following are the primary components of RUSA that capture the key action and funding areas that must be pursued for the fulfilment of the targets:
- Up gradation of existing autonomous colleges to Universities
- Conversion of colleges to Cluster Universities
- Infrastructure grants to colleges
- Faculty Recruitment Support
- Vocationalisation of Higher Education
- Institutional restructuring & reforms
- Capacity building & preparation, data collection & planning
Expected Questions CBSE NET Jan 2017 Paper 1: Higher Education
Dr. Manishika Jain explains the what to expect for 2017 Paper 1 - higher education. Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
- Published on: December 30, 2016