Student Database Management Information System (SDMIS) [ Detailed Analysis (CA/GS) - Education ]
SDMIS system aims to envisage and develop student database (SDMIS) which with over 250 million students from Grade 1st to 12th would be the largest such systems across the World.The system will keep record of academic journey of every student studying in about 1.5 million Government and Private schools in India.
- When every student gets an Aadhaar Id, we would move towards developing child-tracking system.
- It is an integral part of U-DISE
Outcomes and benefits of SDMIS with U-DISE
- Generate cross-sectional enrolment tables
- In future, tracking of students using AADHAAR will be made possible
- Gradually, SDMIS will help to create Student-Teacher relationship which will lead to Teacher Performance and Teacher monitoring
- Gradually SDMIS and will also create a platform for Parent-Teacher interaction
- SDMIS will be useful for states to monitor and assess the needs of uniform distribution, textbook distribution (by language), Transport facility, Residential facility and any other state specific facility provided to students, Monitoring of National level schemes like Mid-Day Meal, Scholarship schemes etc. will be possible through SDMIS
- Monitoring of National level schemes like Mid-Day Meal, Scholarship schemes etc. will be possible through SDMIS
- SDMIS will create a platform for Vocational Education system by monitoring the students option for Vocational courses at Secondary level of education
- SDMIS will build a database of students aspiring for science, commerce, humanities streams at Higher Education level
- SDMIS will help to monitor RTE parameters
- SDMIS will provided Centralized Common Minimum Framework to the states to build and expand their existing systems (if available)
- SDMIS (data entry) can be made available to states in their local regional language (Not yet ready)
- SDMIS will provide dynamic and flexible facility to states to add n number of additional supplementary variables which can be maintained in the same database along with the National level variables. Data entry and Cross-sectional Reports on these additional Supplementary variables will also be available in the same module.
Expected Questions CBSE NET Jan 2017 Paper 1: School Education
Dr. Manishika Jain explains the what to expect for 2017 Paper 1 - school education.
- Published on: January 6, 2017