CBSE Board Exam: Political Science Study Material Part 14 of Constitution
Part XIV Services under the Union and the States
Chapter I. Services
- 308 Interpretation.
- 309 Recruitment and conditions of service of persons serving the Union or a State.
- 310 Tenure of the office of persons serving the Union or a State.
- 311 Dismissal, removal or reduction in rank of persons employed in civil capacities under the Union or a State.
- 312 All-India services.
- 312A Power of Parliament to vary or revoke conditions of service of officers of certain services.
- 313 Transitional provisions.
- 314 [Repeated]
Chapter II. Public Service Commissions
- 315 Public Service Commissions for the Union and for the States.
- 316 Appointment and term of office of members.
- 317 Removal and suspension of a member of a Public Service Commission.
- 318 Power to make regulations as to conditions of service of members and staff of the Commission.
- 319 Prohibition as to the holding of offices by members of Commission on ceasing to be such members.
- 320 Functions of Public Service Commissions.
- 321 Power to extend functions of Public Service Commissions.
- 322 Expenses of Public Service Commissions.
- 323 Reports of Public Service Commissions.
Present Composition of the UPSC
The Commission presently consists of Chairman and eight Members. The current composition of the Commission is as under: Honourable Chairman: Gurubachan Jagat Honourable Members: (1) B N Navalavala (2) Air Marshal S G Inamdar (3) Shri Subir Dutta (4) Ms Parveen Talha (5) Prof. D. P. Agrawal (6) Dr. Bhure Lai (7) Ms Chokila Iyer (8) Shri K Roy Paul (9) Prof K S Chalam