Procedure of Selection for CDS 2018
Download PDF of This Page (Size: 129K) ↧
- The Union Public Service Commission will declare a qualified list of candidates (based on the written exam).
- The selected candidates will appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test.
- The total maximum marks for the interview will be 200 for OTA and 300 for IMA, Naval and Air Force.
- Candidates for the Air Force wing and Naval Aviation will also undergo a Pilot Aptitude Test.
Two Stages of Selection Procedure Are
- Both the stages of selection procedure will be dependent on Psychological Aptitude Test as well as on Intelligence Test.
- Candidates will be invited to stage for one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres.
- Those candidates who cleared the stage one will be qualified for the second stage.
- Those candidates who cleared the stage II will need to submit the original Certificates with a photocopy each of:
- Original Matriculation pass certificate with the support of date of birth.
- Bachelors Degree with the mark sheets with the support of educational qualification.
- For final qualification, candidates need to secure the minimum qualifying marks individually in Written examination and SSB test as fixed by the Commission in their discretion.
- Qualified candidates will then be placed in the final order of merit, based on the total marks achieved by them in the Written examination and the Services Selection Board Tests.
- The final selection for the admission will be made in order of merit depending on the number of vacancies in each wing.
- The selection will be on the basis of medical fitness and suitability in all other areas.