CDS Exam 2016 General Knowledge Sample Paper Part-6
49. Tolkappiyam is associated with the
(A) Second sangam period
(B) Third sangam Period
(C) First Sangam Period
(D) Post- third sangam period
50. To meet the educational needs of the people, the Madarasa-l Nasal was built ii the region of
(C) Ruknuddin Firoz Shah
51. During whose period Al-Beruni came to India?
(A) Mahmud Ghaznavi
(C) Firoz Tughluq
(D) Ibrahim Lodhi
52. Ashoka called the Third Buddhist Council at
53. How did Hiuen Tsang under take journey from and to India?
(A) He came by land route and also returned by land route
(B) He came by land route but returned by sea route
(C) He came by sea route and returned by land route
(D) He came by sea route and also returned by sea route
54. Even though India became independent in 1947 but Daman and Diu remained a European colony till 1961. Which country ruled over it?
55. Under the Guptas in eastern India, there was probably an intermediate level of administration between vishayas (districts) and villages. Identify it
56. Three major powers that emerged m southern India in the 7th century AD were given below. Eliminate the wrong one
57. The first wave of Aryan immigration into India began in
(A) 1500 BC
(B) 1000 BC
(C) 1000 AD
(D) 500 BC
58. The Uprising of 1857 was described as the first Indian war of Independence by
(A) B.G Tilak
(B) VD Savakar
(C) S.N. Sen
(D) R.C Mazumdar
59. Mirza Muhammad Siraj-ud-Daulah was the Nawab of Which state?