CDS Exam 2016 General Knowledge Sample Paper Part-8
70. Which of the following groups of rivers nave mew source origin in Tibet?
(A) Brahmaputra, Ganges and Sutlej
(B) Ganges, Sutlej and Yamuna
(C) Brahmaputra, Indus and Sutlej
(D) Chenab, Ravi and Sutlej
71. Alan Rickman, who passed ay recently, was related to which field?
72. Who has been conferred with the 2015 Sree Chithira Tirunal national award?
(A) SuniI Gavaskar
(B) VS Sivakumar
(C) M T Vasudevan Nair
(D) T.P. Sreenivasan
73. Which Indian state is set to fly the world’s largest tricolour on republic day?
(B) West Bengal
(D) Madhya Pradesh
74. Who has been honoured with Neerja Bhanot Bravery award?
(B) Harinie Jeevitha
(C) Subhashini Vasanth
(D) Saroja Rathod
75. Which of the following organizations has published the 2016 World Development Report?
(B) World Bank
76. The Siberian Crane, an endangered migratory bird is a regular visitor of which of the national park/bird sanctuaries:
(A) Ranganathittu bird sanctuary
(B) Keoladeo national park
(C) Vedanthangal bird sanctuary
(D) Sultanpur bird sanctuary
77. In an ecotone, the species which become abundant are called:
(A) Edge species
(B) Keystone species
(D) Foster species
78. The word ecology (Okologie) was coined in 1866 by:
(A) Charles Darwin
(B) Robert Whittaker
(C) Arthur Tansley
(D) Ernst Haeckel
79. The highest per capita emitter of Carbon dioxide in the world is:
(D) Saudi Arabia
80. Which one of the following is a useful biological indicator of Sulphur-dioxide pollution?
(B) Algal blooms