CDS Exam 2016 Mathematics Sample Paper Part – 2
12. A man covered a certain distance at some speed. If he had moved 3 kmph faster, he would have taken 40 minutes less. If he had moved 2 kmph slower, he would have taken 40 minutes more. What is the distance in km?
13. An aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240 kmph in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in 123 hours, it must travel at a speed of:
(B) 680 KM/hr
(D) 720 KM/hr
14. A can do a particular work in 6 days. B can do the same work in 8 days. A and B signed to do it for Rs.3200. They completed the work in 3 days with the help of (C) How much is to be paid to C?
15. Machine P can print one lakh books in 8 hours. Machine Q can print the same number of books in 10 hours while machine R can print the same in 12 hours. All the machines started printing at 9(A) M. Machine P is stopped at 11 (A) M. and the remaining two machines complete work. Approximately at what time will the printing of one lakh books be completed?
(C) 1: PM
16. Two employees X and Y are paid a total of Rs.550 per week by their employer. If X is paid 120 percent of the sum paid to Y, how much is Y paid per week?
17. In a competitive examination in State A, 6% candidates got selected from the total appeared candidates. State B had an equal number of candidates appeared and 7% candidates got selected with 80 more candidates got selected than A. What was the number of candidate appeared from each State?
18. In a shop, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, find out approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
19. A trader mixes 26 kg of rice at Rs.20 per kg with 30 kg of rice of other variety at 36 per kg and sells the mixture at Rs. 30 per kg. What is his profit percentage?
20. If a material is sold for Rs.34.80, there is a loss of 25%. Find out the cost price of the material?
(D) Rs. 47.20
21. In covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay doubles his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sameer. Abhay’s speed is:
(C) 6.25 Kmph
(D) 73 Kmph
22. It takes eight hours for a 600 km journey, if 120km is done by tram and the rest by car. It takes 20 minutes more, if 200 km is done by tram and the rest b car. The ratio of the speed of the train to that of the cars is: