CDS Exam 2016 Mathematics Sample Paper Part – 6
58. The ratio between the perimeter and the breadth of a rectangle is 5: 1.If the area of the rectangle is 216 sq. cm, what is the length of the rectangle?
(B) 18 cm
(C) 24 cm
(D) Data inadequate
59. A towel, when bleached, was found to have lost 20% of i length and 10% of its breadth. The percentage of decrease in area is:
60. What is the least number of squares tiles required to pave the floor of a room 15 m 17cm long and 9 m 2 cm broad?
61. Find the area of trapezium whose parallel sides are 20 cm and 18 cm long, and the distance between them is 1.5 cm.
(A) 225 cm2
(B) 275 cm2
(C) 285 cm
(D) 315 cm2
62. Find the area of a parallelogram with base 24cm and height 16cm.
(A) 262 cm2
(B) 384 cm2
(C) 192 cm2
(D) 131 cm2
63. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3% more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
64. The length of a rectangular plat is thrice its breadth. If the area of the rectangular plot 867 sq m, then what is the breadth of the rectangular plot?
(C) 34 m
65. An order was placed for the supply of a carpet whose breadth was 6 m and length was 1.44 tunes the breadth. What be the cost of a carpet whose length and breadth are 40% more and 25% more respectively than the first carpet. Given that the ratio of carpet is Rs. 45 per sq m?
(C) Rs. 421620
(D) Rs. 4216.20
66. The area of a square is equal to five times the area of a rectangle of dimensions 125 cm * 64 cm. What is the perimeter of the square?
(A) 600 cm
(B) 800 cm
(C) 400 cm
(D) 1000 cm
67. The area of a square is 4096 sq cm, Find the ratio of the breadth and the length of a rectangle whose length is twice the side of the square and breadth is 24 cm less than the side of the square.
(C) None of these
68. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters arid 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles
(A) 4192 sq m
(B) 4304 sq m
(C) 4312 sq m
(D) 4360 sq m