CDS (I) - Examination Dates are Declared [ CDS Updates ]
CDS (I) Notifications are available from 07.11. 2015. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared Combined Defence Services Exam (I) 2016 Last date for Apply before 11: 59 PM of 04.12. 2015.
CDS (I) Examination will be held on the date 14.2. 2016 (Sunday).
Available Vacancies in CDS I 2016:
- Indian Military Academy (IMA) -200 posts
- Indian Naval Academy (INA) - 45 posts
- Air Force Academy (AFA) - 32 posts
- Officers Training Academy for Men (OTA) - 175 posts
- Officers Training Academy for Women (non-Technical) (OTA) - 12 posts
CDS I 2016 – Eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should have nationality of India, Nepal or Bhutan.
CDS I 2016 Age Limit:
- Between 20 to 24 years for IMA and INA
- For OTA (male) married or unmarried born before 2nd January 1992 t and after 1st January 1998.
- And for OTA (female) married, unmarried, divorcees or not remarried are eligible born before 2nd January 1992 t and after 1st January 1998.
- For AFA candidates should be between 20 to 24 years and age relaxation will be given to candidates who have given genuine and latest Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India).
Note: candidates whose age is under 25 they have to be unmarried and not allowed for marriage during the training period. And whose age is more than 25 and married they will not allowed for any accommodation during training period.
(Age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories according to government rules).
CDS I 2016 education qualification:
- For the post in OTA and IMA candidates must holds Degree of recognized university/correspondent.
- For INA candidates must hold Engineering Degree from recognized university/correspondent.
- For AFA candidates must holds Degree from recognized university/correspondent with Maths and Physics at 12th or bachelor of engineering.
Note: Final year candidates are eligible but they have to submit proof of passing exam on or before the prescribed date.
CDS I 2016 Physical Eligibility: candidates must be physically strong according to physical standards of CDS I.
CDS I 2016 How to Apply:
- To apply for CDS I visit official website www.upsconline.nic.in before final date of submission.
- The registration process is divided in two parts PART-1 and PART-2 which should be filled as describe below:
In this part candidates should have to fill following information:
- Name of the applicant
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Marks in %
- Qualification degree
- Contact Information
Age relaxation if you want than click yes
And choice for exam center which will be selected from dropdown list.
This part is containing 3 steps:
Fee Payment: For payment of fee candidates have 3 options
- Pay cash at branch of SBI through Pay-In-Slip.
- Pay online using internet banking.
- Or pay from any debit or credit card.
NOTE: Candidates must have to fill * information.
If candidates have opted for fee they are directly redirected to upload photograph page.
CDS I 2016 Application Fee:
The candidates have to pay application fee Rs. 200 for general and OBC category
There is no fee for ST/SC and Female candidates.
CDS I 2016 Written Exam Pattern for IMA, INA and AFA:
II. General Knowledge
III. Elementary Mathematics
- Published/Last Modified on: December 2, 2015