Study Visa UK

Get top class preparation for competitive exams right from your home: get questions, notes, tests, video lectures and more- for all subjects of your exam.

Depending on the country where you live, you may need to make your application online or using application form VAF9. This form has to be filled up by the student and submitted to the embassy, along with the Visa application fee and the required documents as mentioned below:

  • For studies in UK for a period of more than 6 months, You can do a part time job (full-time during vacations) along with your studies.
  • However if the course tenure is less than 6 months, you will get a student visitor.
  • If your application is successful, you will be allowed to stay in UK for the time period till your course completes, and sometimes even for some time (depending on the type and length of your course) after your course finishes.

Points-Based System

As a Tier 4 (i.e.. . For an entry as general student) student, it is necessary that you have 40 points in our points assessment which you can score by

  • 30 points while getting a valid confirmation that your studies of particular course is accepted. These studies should be necessarily provided by an approved education provider (also known as a ‘Tier 4 sponsor’ ) . Also these 30 points consist when your English language skills are acceptable.
  • 10 points for the money that you have with you so that the course fees and living costs can be covered.

Course of Study

To be eligible to study full-time in the UK, either you can take a course for which you fulfill all the additional requirements which are stated below; or undertake a recognised Foundation Programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist in the UK or work as a student union sabbatical officer in the UK.

Education Provider

A UK education provider, if he wants to teach international students, it is necessary that he has a Tier 4 sponsor licence for which he has to give an application. After studying the application, a licence will be given to the education provider and it will be added to the register of Tier 4 sponsors.

English Language Skills

You Should be competent at English skills for which a minimum level of B1 or B2 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) level is necessary. This level of B1 or B2 depends on the confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) which was assigned to you before 21 April 2022 or after it respectively.

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies

A confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is necessary to be provided by your education provider before you can apply to study or stay in UK.


You have to show that you can cover your course fees and your living costs when you apply for an adult student visa under Tier 4 (General) of our points-based system.