List of nuclear facilities has been exchanged by India and Pakistan [ Current News (Concise) ]
Under the Agreement on the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear installations India and Pakistan have exchanged the list of their nuclear installations and facilities. This on every 1st of January this exchange is done between the two neighboring countries that bar them from attacking each other’s atomic facilities.
- This exchange of list is first started in 1st January 1992 and this was the 25th consecutive exchange of such list between the two countries.
Agreement on the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear installations
- To be aver of any surprise attack (or to assist foreign power to attack) on each other’s nuclear installations and facilities this mutual agreement signed between India and Pakistan.
- It was signed on 31st December 1988 and entered into force on 27 January 1991.
- It was signed by Rajiv Gandhi former Prime Minister of Indian and his former Prime minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto.
- And According to this agreement both countries inform each other about their nuclear installations and facilities that need to be covered under the Agreement on 1 January every year.
- Published on: January 8, 2016