#Gas4India: a Campaign to Promote Use Natural Gas in the Country [ Current News (Concise) ]
Dharmendra Pradhan the Union Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas has recently launched #Gas4India campaign to encourage and spread awareness about the use of natural gas in the country.
- In this regard Dharmendra Pradhan has launched website, Twitter handle, Facebook page and Theme song of the campaign in New Delhi.
- Gas4India is a joint campaign of cross-country, multimedia, multi-event to promote the use of natural gas in the country to switch over gas-based economy.
- It is mainly based on the national, social, economic and ecological benefits by using natural gas as the fuel of choice for every citizen.
- In this regard to support this campaign public and private sector will encourage the use of natural gas.
- The campaign will run online as well as offline to connect with customers via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and its official blogsite, offline events.
- Along with this Union Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas has announced three new LNG terminals with abroad and long-term contracts to confirm unhindered supply with reasonable prices.
About natural gas:
- Natural gas is a naturally occurring hydrocarbon gas mixture of methane, higher alkanes and small amount of carbon dioxide nitrogen, hydrogen sulfide, or helium.
- It is cleanest fossil fuel.
- Difference between Natural gas and other fuel cost.
Benefits to use natural gas:
- Natural gas appliances operate with less money than electric appliances.
- Natural gas appliances work even without electricity.
- Since the natural gas system is underground, outages are rare.
- Faster than electric appliances.
- It doesn’t have any bad impact on environment.
- Highly efficient.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 8, 2016