“E-Nivaran” Launched by CBDT to Resolve I-T Grievances [ Current News (Concise) ]
“e-nivaran” (electronic resolution) has been launched by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances related to refunds, Income Tax Returns (ITRs), Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), and Permanent Account Number (PAN).
“e-nivaran” will be available from https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- The facility will provide platform to the online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances for refunds, filing of e-returns, Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), PAN issues, and those pertaining to their Assessing Officer (AO).
- It was launched under the initiative of CBDT for reducing instances of harassment of the public when it comes to complaints related to the I-T department.
- Taxpayers can register their complaints using this portal from their personal computer systems.
- Customers can also track the process of complaint.
- How it works:
- First, customers have to register on this site.
- After registration a special PIN number (unique number to keep track of the issue) will be generated on registered mobile and email.
- Then customers can upload their documents in the form in PDF file (in ZIP formet).
- The ‘e-nivaran’ physical form will be available from Aaykar Sampark Kendras (ASK) (tax facilitation centre) across the 3000 cities and it will fill by tax official’s letter.
- There are also provisions for ‘grievance description’ with furnishing of details like mention of the Assessment Year (in case of individual) or the Financial Year (in case of deductor).
- Published on: September 13, 2016