1000 MW CTU- Connected Wind Power Project Scheme Launched by Union Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
New scheme has been launched by the Union Ministry of new and Renewable Energy (MNRE) for setting up of 1000 Mega Watt (MW) Wind Power Project connected to transmission network of Central Transmission Utility (CTU).
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide supply of wind power to the non-windy states at a price naked through transparent request process.
- The Scheme will inspire competitiveness through climbing project sizes and introduction of transparent and efficient e-auctioning and e-bidding processes.
- It will also fulfil Non-Solar Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) requirement of non-windy states.
- The nodal agency for implementation of the scheme is Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- The Scheme will be executed for setting up 1000 MW capacity of CTU associated with the Wind Power Projects by Wind Project Developers on build, own and operate (BOOT) basis.
- The capacity may go higher than 1000 MW if there is higher demand from Discoms of non-windy states.
- From clean renewable energy resources the Union Government has set an ambitious target of achieving 175 Giga Watt (GW) power capacity up to 2022.
- 60 GW target is set for wind power out of 175 GW.
- Courtly wind power capacity is installed in the country nearly 26.7 GW secretarial for nearly 9 % of total installed capacity.
- India ranked at 4th position globally in term of installed wind power capacity after China, USA and Germany.
- Under the MNRE procedures the wind power potential in the country, the National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) at 100 meter above ground level.
- It has projected over 302 GW and there are 8 windy states they are:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Published/Last Modified on: June 16, 2016