12 June is Being Observed as World Day Against Child Labour [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
Every year 12th June is observed as the World Day against Child Labour across world to spread awareness against child labour. ‘End child labour in supply chains – It’s everyone’s business. ’ is the theme of 2016.
Importance of the day:
- The observation of the day is aims to bring governments, employers and workers organizations, civil society, as well as millions of people together from around the world to highlight the predicament of child labourers and what can be done to help them.
- The theme struggles on child labour and source chains.
- Many events are being organized across the country and create awareness against child labour to mark the occasion.
- More than 168 million children are still in child labour in the United Nations states.
- The supply chains which run the risk of child labour array from agriculture to manufacturing, services to construction.
- World Day was launched in 2002 jointly by the International Labour Organization (ILO), an UN body Against Child Labour to get attention of peoples on the global degree of child labour and the action and pains wanted to reject it.
About International Labour Organization (ILO)
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a United Nations agency which is dealing with labour problems, predominantly international labour standards, social protection, and work opportunities for all.
- The ILO has 187 member states.
- ILO was formed in 1919 and its haunter is located at Geneva, Switzerland.
- The organization established the Nobel Peace Prize for improving peace among classes, following decent work and justice for workers, and providing technical support to other evolving nations in 1969.
- The ILO records complaints against objects that are sacrilegious international rules; however, it does not execute authorizations on governments.
- Published on: June 13, 2016