12th Prime Minister of Georgia is Giorgi Kvirikashvili [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Parliament of the country has elected Giorgi Kvirikashvili as the 12th Prime Minister of Georgia. After Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili had resigned from the post on December 29, 2015 without any explanation Giorgi Kvirikashvili has been elected as Prime Minister by the Parliament.
- Georgia’s Parliament has approved the leadership of Giorgi with 86 votes to 28 against it.
- And now President Giorgi Margvelashvili will also officially approve this decision.
- The ruling Georgian Dream coalition’s policy of seeking closer ties with the West by endorsing its full membership in the European Union (EU) and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and pursuing a pragmatic and peaceful policy towards Russia which was shattered by a brief 2008 war this is promised by Kvirikashvili’s new government.
About Giorgi Kvirikashvili:
- He was born on 20th July 1967.
- Before becoming Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili had served as Georgia’s Vice Prime Minister since July 2013 and Minister of Foreign Affairs since September 2015.
- From October 2012 till September 2015, he has also served as Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development
- Published on: December 30, 2015