13th Edition of World Spice Congress Instigated in Ahmedabad [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 13th edition three-day biennial event of World Spice Congress (WSC) is inaugurated at Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The theme is ‘Target 2020: Clean, Safe and Sustainable Supply Chain’. Key facts: The Spices Board, Cochin Hill Produce Merchants Association, and India Pepper and Spice Trade Association have jointly organized this 13th edition WSC.
- All India Spices Importers & Distributors Association and Indian Spices & Foodstuff Exporters’ Association has also support it.
- The main objective behind WSC is to write out a reliable and illegal road map to push further the growth of spices industry and address challenges faced by it across the globe.
- Around one thousand participants will attend this event including domestic and overseas delegate, sponsors and exhibitors.
- Spices are the only Indian exports which control almost half of world occupation.
- From total production of spice in India 15 % is exported to other country and from which 48 % in volume and 43 % in value in the world spice trade.
- The WSC is organized from 1990 and now it becomes global platform for discussion and interaction between importer and exporter.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 29, 2016