14 September Observed as National Hindi Divas [ Current News (Concise) ]
14 September is being celebrated as the National Hindi Divas, an annual literary-day in Hindi speaking regions of India and other countries to spread Hindi language, its cultural heritage and values and also to promote the “Matra Bhasha” (mother tongue of India) and its importance in the Hindi specking population countries.
- To mark this day Rajbhasha awards will be presented by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- The Department of Official Language of Union Home Ministry has introduced the Rajbhasha awards to recognize the excellent contribution of Ministries, Departments and Nationalized Banks in the field of Hindi.
- To mark this day different unique programs and competitions organized regarding Hindi poems, story recitations and vocabulary quizzes in the schools, colleges, offices, organizations and other enterprises.
About National Hindi Divas
- Hindi Divas was founded on 14th September 1949 to mark the adaptation of Hindi language as the official language of India by the Constituent Assembly of India and since that it is celebrated annually.
- The Constitution of India has decided to use Hindi as the official language Under the Article 343 of the Indian Constitution, Hindi written in Devanagari script which will came into effect on 26th January 1950.
- Currently there are 2 official languages: Hindi and English.
- Around 258 million people are speaking Hindi across the world and it is most 2nd most spoken language in world.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 14, 2016