14 agreements ink by India and Japan [ Current News (Concise) ]
14 agreements have been inked by India and Japan in various fields with the aim to enhance bilateral co-operation between both countries. During ninth annual Indo-Japan summit talks organized in New Delhi this agreements were signed.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe both are present at agreement time.
Some of the signed Agreements are as follow:
- Agreement in transfer of Defence Equipment and Technology Cooperation which provides a agenda to enhance defense and security cooperation.
- Agreement on security measures for the protection of classified military information will ensures transitions of the reciprocal protection of classified military information to each other.
- Agreement on Amendment Protocol of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement to avoid Double Taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to Taxes on Income this bill replace the Agreement between both countries signed in 1989.
- MoC on Technological Cooperation in Rail Sector with including sharing of information and best practices establishment of areas for comprehensive technological cooperation.
- MoU on technological cooperation on Rail safety will propose to cooperate in the areas of safety in train operation and use of environment friendly technologies, etc.
- MoC on Medical Products Regulation Dialogue and Cooperation Framework will facilitate raw materials for pharmaceutical use, biological products, medical devices, quasi-drugs, cosmetic products.
- MoC in the field of forests will improve collaboration in supportable forest management, forest conservation and forest disaster prevention, conservation of biodiversity and effective utilization of forest resources etc.
- In addition both countries also agreed to a joint statement on ’India and Japan Vision 2025: Special Strategic and Global Partnership Working Together for Peace and Prosperity of the Indo-Pacific Region and the World’.
- Published on: December 14, 2015