1924 - Toll Free Number for Postal Complaints Launched [ Current News (Concise) ]
‘1924’ a toll free number has been launched by the Union Government for registration of complaints regarding to postal which was launched by the Department of Posts (DoP) after Twitter Sewa for redressal of telecom and postal grievances was introduced before a month.
- At the primary stage the service will be functioning for 12 hours on working days between 08:00 AM to 20:00 PM.
- The service will report complaints within 24 hours except policy matters related complaints.
- The service will be available in 3 languages (latter it will be available in all the scheduled languages):
- The Dak Bhawan operators will register the complaints in Computerized Customer Care (CCC) Centre portal.
- During complain registration 11 digits ticket number would be provided to the complainants so the complainer can check the status of complain letter using that ticket number in CCC portal.
About Twitter Sewa:
- Manoj Sinha the Minister of Communications has launched “Twitter Sewa” for addressing the complaints regarding postal and telecom sector under the Narendra Modi’s vision of “minimum government, maximum governance” and “Digital India”.
- This provides live communications platform for the transparent, clean, responsive and accountable administration.
- At the current time average 100 complaints are came from Twitter Sewa and approximately 97 of them are resolved on the same day.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 15, 2016