1st Woman DG of Sashastra Seema Bal: Archana Ramasundram [ Current News (Concise) ]
The new Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) is IPS officer Archana Ramasundram. She is the first women police officer to lead a central police force that guards the country’s international borders. And she will serve as DG till the date of her retirement 30 September 2016.
- She was serving as the Director of New Delhi based National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) before she appointed as DG.
- She is 1980-batch IPS officer of Tamil Nadu Cadre.
About Sashastra Seema Bal
- SSB is one of India’s Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
- Previously it was known as the Special Service Bureau.
- It was formed in 1963 after the Sino-Indian War.
- The main aim behind establishment is to provide: Service, Security and Brotherhood.
- Its Headquarters is located at New Delhi.
- National border patrol
It is trusted with protecting the country’s frontiers with Nepal and Bhutan.
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is currently managing SSB.
- Published on: February 2, 2016