2,000 Year old Ashoka Stupa to be inaugurated in China [ Current News (Concise) ]
About restoration of Ashoka Stupa in China: A 2, 000 year old Stupa which was constructed by emperor Ashoka in China’s Nangchen, fell into destruction has been restored. It is agreed to be revealed by spiritual head of Ladakh - based Drukpa Buddhism.
- Located close to Tibet autonomous region, the renovated Stupa protected with precious Buddhist remainders.
- Gyalwang Drukpa, spiritual head of Drukpa Lineage had initiated renovation during his visit to Nangchen in 2007.
About Ashoka Stupa:
- A stupa is a mound - like or hemispherical structure containing “relics” means the remains of Buddhist religious used as a place of meditation.
- Ashoka had constructed 84, 000 Stupas out of which 19 were constructed in China but most of them have distorted due to nature.
- The Stupa at Nangchen is one of these 19 old and precious structures for followers of the Buddha.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 15, 2015