2014-15 Krishi Karman Award has been rewarded to Madhya Pradesh [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
For 4th successive time the Union Government’s prestigious Krishi Karman Award in maximum food grains production category has been conferred to Madhya Pradesh for year 2014 - 15. For the Integrated Agri Production category MP has been shortlisted for the award in the year 2014 - 15.
- MP has produced record 328 lakh tonnes in the mentioned period in 2014 - 15 compared to 280 lakh tonnes 2013 - 14 periods.
- MP had won this award in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Chhattisgarh: growth in production of pulses.
- West Bengal: good agriculture production.
- Odisha: being the best performing state in overall food grains production among category-II states.
About Krishi Karman awards
- Krishi Karman awards are given to Best performer States to promote raising country’s food grain production.
- The award was founded in 2010 - 11 with the aim to identifying the commendable efforts of the states in food grains production.
It includes three awards for category of total food grain production and four awards for production of crops that constitute the food grain like:
- coarse cereals
And the winner state will get an amount of five crore rupees and Krishi Karman award.
- Published on: January 19, 2016