2015 Bihari Puraskar Will Be Honored to Poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 2015 Bihari Puraskar has been honored to Well-known poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas for his anthology of Rajasthani poems ‘Katha Sun Awe Hai Sabad’ published in 2010. In his poetry he has shown the growing tendencies of commercialization and poverty of human values.
About Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas:
- Dr Vyas was born on 10th July 1941 in Gilund village of Raj Samand district, Rajasthan.
- His penned work always reflect the unfriendly modifications in human relations, social disparity and loss of human values although positivity and his faith in human life.
His best work in Poem and stories are:
- ‘Shatabdi Niruttar’ (1977),
- ‘Footpath Par Chiriya Nachti Hai’ (1984) and
- short stories ‘Suraj Leelti Ghatiyan’.
He also has penned several short stories and served as an eminent translator.
He has served as Principal of RNT College of Teacher Education in Chittorgarh, Rajasthan.
He also has received Sahitya Akademi Award.
About Bihari Puraskar
- It was founded in 1991 by the K K Birla Foundation.
- And honored to an outstanding literary work in Hindi or Rajasthani published during last 10 years by a Rajasthani write annually.
- And the award includes a cash prize of one lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
- It is also given to those people too who are living in the state for the last seven years or more apart from original residents of Rajasthan.
- A six-member Committee decides the recipient of award.
- Published on: March 3, 2016